Connect
To Top

Check Out Elena Elisa Morales Story

Today we’d like to introduce you to Elena Elisa Morales.

Hi Elena, we’re thrilled to have a chance to learn your story today. So, before we get into specifics, maybe you can briefly walk us through how you got to where you are today?
In high school, I took on mastering pop art, and cake pops. I stumbled upon cookies because it seemed similar to painting pop art and I liked the idea that I could still do the two things I loved to do (paint and bake) into one hobby. In 2011, cookies weren’t trendy, cake pops were the “IT” thing, so after losing my patience with trying out cookies, I put it on the back burner for a few months; pretty much thinking I would never go back to them again.

I remember that first cookie, it was a zombie pin-up girl design on a pretty solid brick of a cookie. She had long eyelashes, lots of edible glitters, and eerie green skin. She started the snowball effect of my business. I was at full speed of juggling work, college, and the business at night. I started an Etsy for out-of-state clients, and I attended every single vendor fair I could find. I even traveled to south Florida to sell cookies at a horror convention; twice! (I got to meet Ernie Hudson and a lot of celebrities!).

I am still full throttle with my cookie business, evolving into a subscription-based treat service (in the works), and an online gift boutique! With life becoming somewhat normal, I will be offering cookie decorating classes again. They are so much fun; I can barely wait.

Alright, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall, and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
Work-life balance is something I still struggle with today.

80 percent of my time is spent working on my business, and the other 20 percent I am with my family. When you want something to work, and especially become somewhat self-sustaining, you will work until you burnout. I’ve learned to take more breaks here and there.

Appreciate you sharing that. What else should we know about what you do?
I specialize in decorated cookies, that are as delicious as they are beautiful. The 90s aesthetic is what I go for in my designs, anything colorful, and celebrity/meme-themed.

I have been told that my way of doing business is like two friends planning a party over coffee, customer service comes easy to me because this process should be fun. I’m not a robot asking you to pick all the stop signs in the picture after you submit a request (lol) We are just talking about sprinkles, sugar, and memories to be made.

Are there any books, apps, podcasts, or blogs that help you do your best?
Honeybook is my favorite app/website now for receiving inquiries and organizing orders.

“The product boss” is a podcast for entrepreneurs (especially on Etsy) for scaling and organizing your business. I actually joined their multi-stream machine program that teaches how to manage multiple businesses.

“Weekly motivation by Ben Lionel Scott and “HWMF Podcast “is my daily podcast to keep my motivation and momentum up.

“Rich Bitch” & “Profit first” is my favorite audibles so far for money management and business guidance.

Contact Info:

Image Credits
Yazi Davis Photography

Suggest a Story: VoyageJacksonville is built on recommendations from the community; it’s how we uncover hidden gems, so if you or someone you know deserves recognition please let us know here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

More in Local Stories